› Technology & Digital Innovation › Projects/Programmes
CORE PROGRAMME: Digital Approaches in Care Homes
The Digital Approaches in Care Homes project was launched in December 2020 and aims to guide, inform and co-ordinate support for care homes to maximise the benefits of implementing the use of digital technology.
The programme’s three pillars of delivery are:
- There is superfast broadband connectivity, or the equivalent, into and within all areas of the care home.
- Devices and technical support are available for all residents to support their health and wellbeing and for staff to provide quality care to support the needs of individuals
- Relevant data about care home residents and services is collected, held and shared digitally; data and systems are secure; and reporting requirements are standardised.
- A range of digital services to support the health, wellbeing and independence of residents are available.
- Residents are supported to choose how and when to use these.
- New services are designed with residents, their families and staff.
Digital Leadership & Skills
- Sector leaders support adoption of digital solutions and building capabilities.
- Staff have digital skills to provide the care and support needed by residents.
- Residents have the skills and confidence to benefit from the digital services that are available.