‘Trees that bend in the wind: Exploring the experiences of front line support workers delivering palliative and end of life care’
Wednesday 8 February 2017
10.30am – 2.00pm
The Renfield Centre, 260 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HZ
Throughout November 2016 Scottish Care has been undertaking research with front line support workers within our member organisations exploring their experiences of palliative and end of life care (PEOLC). This is one part of a project being undertaken by Scottish Care, the purpose of which is to:
• Gain an understanding of the level and range of PEOLC support being delivered throughout the independent care sector, and any challenges associated with this delivery
• Identify the current skills, plus the training needs, of the front line care workforce in the independent sector
• Explore the emotional, psychological and spiritual impact on front line staff of delivering PEOLC
• Identify any recommendations which would better support PEOLC delivery within an integrated workforce environment
• Identify innovative and best practice around PEOLC provision within the independent sector
We had a tremendous amount of interest in this research from organisations and individuals, demonstrating both the relevance and importance of hearing the experiences and ideas of the expert workforce at the front line of social care in Scotland. We are currently writing a report on our findings which will be launched on Wednesday 8 February 2017.
Everybody who participated in the research has been invited to this event. However we anticipate being able to invite more Scottish Care members (including front line support workers) who are involved in the delivery of PEOLC, or are interested in this particular subject area.
To express interest in attending this event please contact Katharine Ross – National Workforce Development Lead – [email protected] before Friday 13th January 2017
We would hope to be able to confirm your place at this event the week beginning 16th January.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like more information.
National Workforce Development Lead