BEING A SCOTTISH CARE
› Membership benefits
Join Scottish Care
If you would like to become a member of Scottish Care please complete an application and a member of the team will be in touch shortly with more information.
As a member of Scottish Care you have the advantage of being part of a member organisation that represents 85% of independent sector care homes and over 50% of independent sector care at home and housing support services.
The following are some of the benefits you can expect through being a Scottish Care member:
- Scottish Care works closely with partner organisations at strategic and practice levels on behalf of the membership to ensure that they can influence and be part of decision making processes. These include the Scottish Government, Care Inspectorate, Scottish Social Services Council and COSLA
- We support members in their dealings with the Care Inspectorate and local commissioners to promote positive practices
- We regularly issue members with up to date information regarding Scottish Care projects, good practice, events, publications, etc
- We produce guidance and resources to support members in relation to relevant policy and practice developments
- We host various information and development events focused on topics which concern members
- We host local branch meetings throughout Scotland for care homes, as well as care at home and housing support. These meetings are led and chaired by the membership and support the local membership to manage their own agenda. These take place up to 4 times a year
- We produce a magazine which is sent out to members on a quarterly basis
- We manage growing social media platforms and forums where members can seek advice, give feedback and share good practice with Scottish Care and other members
- We respond to partner consultation exercises on behalf of Scottish Care members and ensure that members are part of influencing the direction of many policy and practice areas
- Scottish Care has developed a strong evidence base in relation to the independent sector, including various reports, which are recognised and used at a national level
- Scottish Care is closely involved with partner organisations across the UK, Ireland and further afield, sharing intelligence and information to support the independent sector
- We host two national conferences each year with award ceremonies for care homes and care at home / housing support services
- Scottish Care operates a Preferred Supplier network through which members can access products and services, often with the added benefit of saving money and getting a bespoke service which is focused on the social care sector.