Help the SSSC understand the current and future skills issues for the social service workforce by taking part in a short survey.
Your views will help the workforce regulatory body examine skills supply and demand in Scottish social services and contribute to their Workforce Skills Report. It will also help the SSSC to understand the skills needed to deliver new services.
Do you know…
- what the causes of skills shortages are in the social service sector?
- what the causes of skills gaps are in the social service sector?
- if your organisation has a plan in place to address skills gaps and skills shortages for care staff?
- how difficult it is to recruit people with the right capabilities and skills
- if there is there a gap between the skills your workforce has and the skills they need to carry out the role
- what your workplace is doing to tackle skills issues.
The SSSC want to hear from anyone working in social services including frontline workers, managers and training managers.
The results will be published in 2017-18 and will be shared with key stakeholders including Scottish Government, employers and learning providers.
The closing date for responses is 29 July 2016.