You may be aware that Care Home Day takes place this year on Wednesday 20 July. This is a largely online event which aims to raise the profile of care homes across Scotland.
The theme of Care Home Day is ‘Care Home Voices’ with aim to:
- Listen to the voices of care home staff, providers, managers, residents and relatives.
- Showcase the expertise of the care home workforce, and how they should be valued more.
- Highlight how care homes play a crucial role in the health and social care system and within their communities.
How can I get involved?
Share your content
You can help us commemorate the day by sharing any good news stories, resources, projects, blogs or an example of an innovative practice on social media that highlights:
- The dedication and professionalism of care home workers.
- The achievements of residents.
- The innovation of care homes with different ideas or activities in place or planned for the future.
- How care homes are valuable and important to society.
Please use the hashtags below when sharing content, we will be on the lookout all day and will reshare from the Scottish Care account.
If you aren’t on social media, please feel free to share any stories with us at [email protected].
Use our social media template
We’ve created a social media graphic template for you to adapt and share positive stories/quotes/testimonials about the care home sector for Care Home Day. These could be quotes from providers, managers, staff, service users, relatives or partners from the community (e.g. GP’s, nurses, local schools).
Plan an activity
Scottish Care encourages care home providers to consider doing some sort of activity on the day between residents, staff, families and the community. This could be an arts and crafts session, some dancing, a garden party, an afternoon tea session or anything you wish!
If you do decide to take part in any activities, please remember to share the details, photos or videos with us on social media.
Promote the event
We have developed some social media graphics that you can download to share and promote Care Home Day with others. Please use these graphics to share that you support the day and to get others involved! There is also a flyer that you can share with your networks.
Events like Care Home Day are a reminder of how important it is to share positive stories from social care and the care home sector. Help us get the ‘Care Home Voices’ heard by sharing and getting involved on social media on Wednesday 20 July 2022.
Last Updated on 19th July 2022 by Shanice