- This event has passed.
Orient Gene 7s LFD Webinar for Scottish Care Members
September 15 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The Scottish Government will be holding online workshops to walk through the new testing process using the Orient Gene 7s LFD kits , as well as to share updates and hear feedback from you. All are welcome to attend although please note that Microsoft Teams can only accommodate around 300-350 people in any one meeting. Places are on a first come, first served basis and meetings will be opened a few minutes before the start time. Any future workshops will be communicated here.
There will be a workshop specifically for Scottish Care members on Wednesday 15th September from 2:00 – 2:30 pm. Joining link below.
Wed 15th September 2-2.30pm – Click here to join the meeting (for Scottish Care members)
The new Orient Gene 7s LFD kits will begin to be distributed week beginning Monday 16th August. Guidance and training materials will also be published here. Please note that all existing Innova 25s stock must be used up first. If you currently receive PCR kits, you will continue to do so and guidance remains unchanged. Some benefits of the new Orient Gene 7s kits are listed below:
- Swabbing is double nasal – easier and quicker (15 mins) to use
- Orient Gene 7s are licensed for use at home. Care Home staff can test once per week at home (at discretion of Care Home), it is recommended the one lFD test should be carried out at the same time as the weekly PCR test.
- All other social care staff may test twice per week at home (at discretion of employer)
- Results should continue to be recorded on the NSS portal(please do not use bulk upload function for time being) and registration is recommended. Mental Health and CYP providers should continue to record tests on the UK government portal.
- Please continue to enter your LOT number on the NSS portal(7 numbers located on the box, not the ID number on the device)