- This event has passed.
Age Scotland Planning For Your Future Workshop
4th October 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Age Scotland are now taking bookings for a series of learning services and workshops in October and November, to help support older workers; and to ready an organisation for an ageing workforce.
If one or more of these opportunities are of interest, or if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Planning for Your Future workshops
As people are able to choose their own retirement age and now have pension freedoms, we find there is a lot of uncertainty amongst people who are at the age of deciding when it is right for them to consider leaving full time employment. These freedoms also make succession planning more difficult for organisations who are unsure when their skilled people might decide to leave. Many people take this huge step unprepared and find that after a few months they are really struggling to come to terms with the changes their decision has brought.
Our Planning for Your Future workshops help people address this major decision and give them the tools they need to start planning. The workshop is one full day and is a unique opportunity for people to spend time with an Independent Financial Adviser, a Solicitor, a health professional and a careers advisor. The sessions are interactive with several group discussions to start people thinking about and planning for their future. Here is a sample of the topics we discuss:
· Coping with the changes that retirement bring to all aspects of life
· Can you afford to fund the lifestyle you want in retirement?
· How are you going to spend the 40+ extra free hours each week – both in summer and winter?
· Power of Attorney and wills – are you aware of the importance?
· Ways to keep socially and physically active once you leave your work colleagues behind
· If you are thinking about finding alternative employment – part-time, flexi, starting your own business or even volunteering, what does the job market look like in 2016, what are employers looking for and what are your routes to market?
Many people tell us they feel empowered to discuss their future with their employers following a workshop so it can open up lines of communication that were possibly inaccessible beforehand. If you would like to make this workshop available to your people, please give me a call.
Cost of workshop – £190 plus vat per delegate
Next workshops – Edinburgh 4th Oct, 7th Nov Glasgow 11th Oct, 15th Nov Dundee Oct TBC
How to book: By email: [email protected] or 0333 323 2400 or online – http://nowandnext.scot/workshops/one-day-workshops/