The SSSC are consulting on the SSSC Registration and Fitness to Practise Rules (the rules) and the Guidance for Fitness to Practise Panels on Making a Decision (guidance).
These are the main documents that set out the way:
- they manage the Register
- their hearing process works
- their panel members decide the appropriate sanction.
The consultation is open from 1 June 2016 until 5pm on 31 July 2016. It is important that providers take part in this important consultation, or give their feedback to Scottish Care.
When the consultation ends the SSSC will consider whether there are any changes they need to make to improve the draft versions, for example:
- add in anything that has been overlooked
- make the rules clearer
- suggestions and improvements
- make changes to prevent any unintended consequences if a rule change will have an impact on a stakeholder they have not considered.
For more information, visit the SSSC website.
The SSSC are holding live and interactive webinars about the changes they are making to the Rules and decisions guidance.
This is an opportunity to find out more about the changes and ask questions about how they will work in practice. The free webinars will be hosted by Maree Allison, the Director of Fitness to Practise. The SSSC will consider any comments made alongside the responses to the consultation.
The webinars are running on the three dates listed below. Click on the following links to sign up:
- Friday 24 June 2016 from 10.00am – 11.00am
- Thursday 7 July 2016 from 11.00am – 12.00pm
- Thursday 14 July 2016 from 2.00pm – 3.00pm
If you would like a paper copy of the consultation please email [email protected]
If you have any queries about the consultation please contact [email protected]