Scottish Care members may be interested in the following opportunity from Comic Relief: https://www.comicrelief.com/grants/initiatives/care-home-challenge-fund-round-two
There will be 20 grants of between £10,000-£20,000 to care home providers from across the UK. The deadline for applications is midday on 4th August 2017 and applications must be made via the online system accessible through www.comicrelief.com
Grants will last for between 18-24 months, including time for planning, partnership building and delivery. It is envisaged that each grant will reach a maximum of 4-5 care homes, focusing on quality of delivery led by residents and care home staff rather than volume of people.
Based on learning from Round One, Comic Relief will prioritise applications which:
• Involve residents and staff taking part in meaningful activities together, and protect staff members’ time to ensure their full participation
• Partner with a third-party activity provider which has a good understanding of the care home context and residents’ needs
• Are ‘person-centred’, planning the work in response to residents’ needs and interests, involving residents in co-designing activities, and respecting people’s choice to participate.
• Demonstrate a clear commitment to the proposed activity from the care homes involved, particularly from the managers and activity coordinators.
• Support staff to build skills and confidence so they can facilitate or deliver activities, enabling sustainability beyond the life of the project.
• Show how they are building on the findings from Round One.