Webinar: The Good Work Plan – Upcoming Employment Law Changes for April 2020
Gillian McAteer – experienced solicitor and the Head of Employment Law of Preferred Supplier, Citation – will be hosting a webinar discussing The Good Work Plan, dubbed as ‘the biggest overhaul of employment law in 20 years’. This webinar will take place on Friday 20th March at 11:00am. It will specifically discuss how the programme of reforms will affect care providers in Scotland.
As the news agenda of 2019 was been dominated by Brexit and the general election, these legislative changes have somewhat gone under the radar – with research carried out by Citation suggesting one-third of employers are still unaware of the Good Work Plan, some are incorrectly calculating holiday pay, and many are not prepared for the changes.
Notable changes that Gill will discuss include:
- An increase in the holiday pay calculation period;
- Increased protection for agency workers;
- A written statement of particulars of employment from day one.
Link to join: https://zoom.us/j/694995065
Webinar ID: 694-995-065
Free guides and resources for Scottish Care Members
Ahead of the webinar, Scottish Care members are free-to-access Citation’s most popular relevant resources:
- Free template: building an employee contract for a care worker
- Back-to-basics HR & Employment Law guide
- Your complete guide to care inspections, to help you achieve outstanding ratings
- A complete guide to recruitment and retention in care
- A free guide to using, fitting and maintaining bedrails properly
Citation’s complete archive of free guides and resources can be accessed here.