We were delighted to have Gillian McAteer, Solicitor from preferred supplier Citation to guest host a webinar last week.
In this session, Gillian gave a brief update regarding coronavirus (Covid-19), particularly given the questions this raises regarding employment status, rights and sick pay entitlement.
Click here to read Citation’s answers to some of most frequently asked questions they’ve had around both the Health & Safety and HR and Employment Law implications of coronavirus, plus their practical steps on how to move forward safely and keep your people and premises safe.
Gillian also spoke about The Good Work Plan, which is dubbed as ‘the biggest overhaul of employment law in 20 years’. She focused on changes incuding an increase in the holiday pay calculation period, increased protection for agency workers, a written statement of particulars of employment from day one.
You can view a recording of the webinar by clicking the button below.
Free guides and resources
Here are some popular relevant resources that are free-to-access from Citation :
- Covid-19: a guide to temporary homeworking for businesses
- Citation social media pack – Covid-19
- Free template: building an employee contract for a care worker
- Back-to-basics HR & Employment Law guide
- Your complete guide to care inspections, to help you achieve outstanding ratings
- A complete guide to recruitment and retention in care
- A free guide to using, fitting and maintaining bedrails properly
Citation’s complete archive of free guides and resources can be accessed here.