Care Home Week: 12-18 June 2017
Led by Scottish Care, the inaugural Care Home Week will take place in Scotland from 12-18 June 2017.
Throughout this week, we will be celebrating and raising awareness of Scotland’s care homes, the individuals who live and work in them, their role in local communities and the opportunities care homes offer to enhance lives and wellbeing for a wide range of people.
We’ll be celebrating different elements of care home life each day from 12-18 June:
- Monday 12 June – Politics and Policy
- Tuesday 13 June – Arts and Engagement
- Wednesday 14 June – Workforce
- Thursday 15 June – Ordinary Living
- Friday 16 June – Friendship & Care Home Open Day
- Saturday 17 June – Volunteering
- Sunday 18 June – Dreaming…
This week is an opportunity to share good news stories and promote the positive things that services and their local communities are doing.
We are seeking your help to enable us to prepare and share good news stories throughout Care Home Week. This can be in the form of any (or all!) of the following:
- Examples/case studies around any work you have been part of with care homes which relate to the week’s themes (information plus photos, quotes, stories etc)
- Reports/resources/initiatives/events you think would be relevant to publicise and promote during the week
- A guest blog of up to 500 words around any of the Care Home Week themes or about care homes more generally
- Participating in Care Home Open Day on Friday 16 June, either by registering your service to take part or by visiting a care home on the day – find out more at carehomeopenday.org.uk
- Publicising Care Home Week through your website and social media channels
- If you’re on Twitter, using the hashtag #carehomeweek17
If you have any other ideas about how you could link with us for Care Home Week, we’d love to hear those too!
We would really appreciate receiving your stories and other contributions by Wednesday 7 June. Please send any information or resources via email to [email protected] Please specify which day you think each element would be relevant for and please also provide your logo so we can include this on Care Home Week materials.
If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to discuss an idea for Care Home Week, please do not hesitate to get in touch with either Kat MacMillan or Becca Gatherum.
More information about activities throughout the week will be shared at www.scottishcare.org/care-home-week/ over the next few days.
We look forward to working with you to celebrate Care Home Week!