Care Home Day is taking place this year on Wednesday 15 July.
This day is a largely online event which aims to raise awareness and promote care homes. We hope to share good news stories to bust myths about care homes and recognise the role they play in communities.
We understand that the Covid-19 pandemic has been difficult for everyone, and during this time, events like Care Home Day may not seem significant. But this makes it even more important that we share positive stories to shine a light on social care and the care home sector. This is the perfect opportunity to showcase the amazing work that staff have been doing not only during this pandemic but all the time.
The theme of Care Home Day is ‘Care Community’. You can help us commemorate the day by sharing any good news stories, resources, projects blogs or an example of an innovative practice which shows:
- Creating a sense of community within and around care homes
- Fostering relationships with local communities
- Health and wellbeing of residents and staff
- Person-centred care
- Staff supporting each other and residents
- The local contributions of care homes, staff and residents to their communities and vice versa
- Care homes as essential parts of the health and social care community
As part of the theme, we encourage care home providers to consider doing some sort of virtual activity during the day between residents, staff, families and the community. If you do decide to take part in any activities, please remember to share them with us on social media.
Please share and get involved on Twitter using the hashtag #carehomeday20