› Scottish Care Events
Scottish Care were delighted to host the National Care Home Awards 2021 for the 17th consecutive year. This prestigious evening Awards Ceremony celebrated the best of the independent care home sector in Scotland. This was the first in-person awards ceremony in over 2 years and since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The awards took place on the evening of Friday 1 April 2022 (rescheduled from November 2021 due to Covid-19 restrictions) following the 2021 Care Home Conference and Exhibition at the Hilton Hotel in Glasgow. Many thanks to Pop Idol winner, Michelle McManus and Scottish Care CEO, Dr Donald Macaskill for hosting this year’s awards.
A special thanks to all our Awards Sponsors for supporting this event, Scottish Care and our members.
The awards have been hailed a huge success in recognising individuals, teams and companies, with more entries than ever flooding in each year from employers, care home staff, residents and relatives nominating their peers, colleagues and local services.
Winners and finalists from 14 different award categories were celebrated on the night, including:
- Ancillary & Support Staff Award
- Nutrition & Eating Well Award
- Meaningful Activity Award
- Training , Learning & Staff Development Award
- Emerging Talent Award
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Management & Leadership Award
- Palliative & End of Life Care Practise Award
- Nurse of the Year Award
- Carer of the Year Award
- Specialist Service/Unit of the Year Award
- Care Home Service of the Year Award
- Positive Impact Award
- Strategic Contribution Award
Huge congratulations to all our deserving winners and finalists!