Scottish Care is delighted to announce that an additional category has been added to the 2018 Care at Home & Housing Support Awards.
Day Service of the Year – Company or Service
This new award has been introduced to highlight the amazing work which is being delivered by day services and organisations across Scotland.
Day provision comes in very diverse forms but at their best they provide individuals with opportunities to remain connected and involved with others and their local communities, to engage in activities of interest and learn and discover new interests. They are also critical in providing respite and renewal to family carers as well as helping people to foster new friendships.
The winning service will:
- Provide evidence of sustained excellent practice, innovation and positive risk-taking
- Provide examples of a positive culture within the service, which is inclusive of individuals who use the service and their families.
- Demonstrate the range of activities and supports offered by the organisation and the extent to which they are inclusive and foster independence.
- Show the extent to which the service is sensitive to individual cultural, disability and linguistic needs.
- Supply testimonials from service users, families, staff and external partners.
Nominations to our Awards are now open - the deadline for submitting nominations is March 16.
The Awards themselves will be held on the evening of Friday the 18th May, 2018 at the Marriott hotel in Glasgow and will follow on from the Scottish Care at Home & Housing Support daytime Conference and Exhibition (of which we will publish more details in the next few weeks).
It will be an evening to highlight and celebrate the best in care at home and housing support across Scotland. We know that around the country, individuals and teams are carrying out work in this field at an incredibly high standard in an era of challenging budgets and an increasingly demanding work environment.
If you want to find out more about the 11 categories in the awards, please take a look at the Guidelines below. You can make a nomination online or by downloading the nomination forms sending the completed versions via email.
If you have any queries about the nomination process, please get in touch with the team via [email protected] or drop us a line at Scottish Care HQ on 01292 270240.
We very much look forward to hearing about all the fantastic work going on and want to take this opportunity to wish all our Care at Home & Housing Support members the very best of luck for the Awards 2018!