The Easter bank holiday weekend is an important time for many. This year we need to be doing things differently.
Restrictions on visits to care homes and to individuals in their own homes (unless providing care) MUST remain in place and only essential travel can take place.
Gifts, cards and presents are fine to receive but please follow strict infection control procedures, including isolation of items for a period of time. Please follow the advice on NHS Inform.
We recognise that this weekend, more than ever, many people will be feeling the strain of being apart from loved ones . It is essential that we are supporting people as much as possible to remain socially connected to activities and loved ones in order to support their wellbeing.
- Access religious services online – search as required e.g. Church of Scotland –https://www.churchofscotland.org.uk/worship/services-online
- Age Scotland wellbeing resources – https://www.ageuk.org.uk/scotland/information-advice/health-and-wellbeing/coronavirus/your-wellbeing/
- Luminate Scotland online arts workshops – https://www.luminatescotland.org/news/luminatehome
- Tech Device Network hints and tips for supporting digital connection – https://scottishcare.org/techdevicenetwork-guide/
- Follow Scottish Care on Twitter where we’ll be sharing what positive activities people are doing in care services across Scotland – https://twitter.com/scottishcare
Please also consider how staff wellbeing can be supported, as they too will may be struggling with being separated from friends and relatives and of working extremely hard in challenging circumstances.
- Mental health resources – http://www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/knowledgelab/mental-health.aspx
- Staying connected during the coronavirus outbreak –https://breathingspace.scot/news/2020/staying-connected-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/
- SSSC staff health & wellbeing resources – https://learn.sssc.uk.com/wellbeing/
- Action for Happiness coping calendar and other useful links – https://otbds.org/community-response-where-to-find-support-in-a-time-of-crisis/
Have a safe and happy Easter in these strange and difficult times.